Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rhinestone Bride Hoodie

When I first came across Bride hoodies I knew I would be making one. I ordered all my rhinestone from Dreamtime Creations in the swarovski hotfix 10mm and 12mm. I followed the same directions I used to make the Bridesmaid's Newsletter Initial. Just like I did when I made the BM's initials, I forgot to print my image mirrored. When I flipped it over I was able to see through it well enough, so I didn't re-print it.

I purchased a sleeveless racerback white hoodie from Max Rave. Since I am getting married in OH in Aug, I figured I was going to be hot as it was, I wasn't going to add to it hehe.

First I laid the rhinestone upside down on laminate tape (couldn't find mylar paper)
Then I ironed it on the pocket of my hoodie. Because I got a sleeveless hoodie I couldn't fit it on the chest area, like I wanted to.

All finished! Took less than 20 min to complete! It does take a lot of rhinestones to make, so buy a lot more than you think you will need. I ended up using all of the rhinestones I had. I was going to make Bridesmaids shirts for them to wear, but I think I will buy them from michae'ls in the cheaper rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment