Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to Reality

So these past couple weeks I have been on "vacation" in Ohio to work on wedding stuff with my mom. Since the wedding is in Ohio and it was the only time I could make it out before the wedding, we crammed as much stuff into each day as we could. It was a long 12 days, but I must say, we got a lot done!

Just a few CHECKS!

Check 1: Met with our baker and decided on the look for our cake. Here is a photo of my inspiration. We will be having a floating cake and we will be using the cake topper I am in the process of making instead of the crown. The rhinestones will be in the colors of the W cake topper as well. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Check 2: One afternoon, My mom, an old friend, and I went to the Spaghetti Warehouse to check out our reception area and to try their food! We decided on the SW as our reception site a while ago, but since I am in WA I had never been to one (lol). Let me just say, their food is AMAZING! Their downstairs (where the reception will take place) poses a couple problems. I had planned on having hanging lanterns everywhere, but since their ceiling is really low I won't be able to do that idea.... so it's back to the drawing board.

Check 3: Good Bye Dress!
I dorpped my dress off to be altered. I now have to maintain my weight for 4.5 months!! Growing up I never had a problem with my weight, so I hope I won't balloon up due to all the planning stress! Ha Ha
Back to a more serious note, I am really sad my dress is gone. It was the 2nd dress I tried on, after my dad bought it for me it sat in my roommates closet for 4 months. On the occasion, someone would come over and want to see me in my dress, but other than that it sat in the closet untouched. Now I won't be able to look at it anytime I like, or put it on to reassure myself I had choose the right dress. I have to wait until a week before the wedding to try it on, and it's KILLING ME! I know a lot of women feel this way, so I just have to suck it up, and forget about it until the wedding.

Check 4: We found a DJ!
Our first DJ had to let a couple people go and canceled on us. He recommended another DJ and my mom and I went out to his house to meet him. He was really nice and really easing going. We liked him instantly!

Check 5: Invitations Printed
Dropped them off at kinkos and picked them up the next morning! For a small fee ($65 for 97 sheets) they printed them in color! Now all I have to do is cut all of them, assemble, and mail...ugh.


What do you think of our new sheets? Thanks Greg and Chewy! ----------------->


Check 6: Bridal Shower!!
This was so much fun. We had it at my moms house and a bunch of my relatives drove 2-8 hours to be there for me. I was truly touched!

The shower started off with lots of good food! My mom really out did herself. Then came games and opening presents!! Then there was the awesome jell-o cake my mom and bridesmaid/cousin Hailey made (so good) and then lots and lots of mingling. Most of us hadn't seen each other in over 6 months.


                                                                        *my mom made a jell-o cake that was to die for!*




Now its "back to reality" and trying to stay focused! Next on my list, Invitation. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment