Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rhinestone Cake Topper

I ordered my cake topper from Crafty Eddy. First I sanded it down a little and then I used silver acrylic paint and painted all except the part that goes in the cake. Then comes the fun part ,lol, putting on tons of little swarovski crystals all over it.
I used 9ss, 10ss, and 12ss rhinestones in crystal, blue zircon, and blue zircon AB. I ordered them all from dreamtimecreations.com.
* I will post more photos as I work on it.





I only have the bottom 1/2 of it done so far. My roommate just had a baby so there hasn't been much time to work on it. I am going to Ohio to visit my mom and will be finishing it there.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love that! I really wish that I would've put more time and effort into DIY projects at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete